Friday 3 March 2017

Diary


An account of what happened during filming

1st day of shooting: On the first day of filming, I filmed with Chiara who is the main protagonist in my film. The first location we filmed in was my back garden where I took simple standing and walking shots from different shots and angles. It took about an hour and a half to film as we started at 5 and finished at around half 6. We had to wait for it to get dark which took longer than expected but I needed to wait for it to get darker as my film opening was set at night.



2nd day of shooting: I filmed with Niamh who is the main antagonist in my film opening. The first location we filmed in was my back garden. Firstly, we took standing shots from different angles then slow walking shots. It took longer than expected because I had to do her makeup, hair and she had to get dressed. It took about an hour as we had to stop filming early because we started filming to late and it got to dark. We started at 6 and finished at 7 which was just enough time to get all the simple shots needed. I learnt from this mistake as I couldn't film to late as it was to dark but I needed darkness for my film so, I learnt to film at the right time to get the right amount of lighting.



3rd day of shooting: I filmed with Chiara and filmed in the grange local to me, we filmed close up shots and more action type shots. It took nearly two hours as I found it hard to get the shots in focus. Also, I took some shots of the location from different types of shots and angles when we were there.




4th day of shooting: I filmed with Niamh and filmed in the grange, I filmed general action shots such as, her running and tracking shot of her going through the grange. We started filming later than normal as we had to get to the grange which is about 10 minutes away from. We started at half 5 and finished around half 6.



5th day of shooting: I filmed with Chiara in my back garden where we filmed action shots of her falling over and walking away from the camera. As it was getting really dark quickly so we started filming at around 4 and finished at 6.



6th day of shooting: I filmed with Niamh in my back garden where we filmed long shots of her walking and standing still. We filmed for about an hour as the camera was going out of focus and due to the dark there was a major lighting issue.



7th day of shooting: I filmed with Chiara in the grange where we filmed shots of her with props used in the film. We started at 4 and finish at half 4 as this didn't take long to film as they were easy shot to film.

















1 comment:

  1. Tillie, this is a good account though it would have been so much better if accompanied by stills or even video clips.
    However, this is the only piece you have done in the last couple of months and so your blog is no longer up to date. Where are the evaluation questions? Where is the feedback from the screening or your own evaluation of your film.

    ReplyDelete